[Blindtlk] update on my shopping question

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 8 05:10:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I hope you let the manager know what a positive experience you had this time.  Did your son bag the groceries, too.  It's nice to have someone help who is familiar with your shopping needs.  I hope the manager doesn't get upset that your son was on the clock when he helped you.  He should be understanding; you were a customer and your son happened to be there when you needed assistance.  And I hope you point out that how much smoother and faster it went, saving time for their employee.

I have been fortunate to have family help me, but sometimes that can be challenging, too.  My granddaughter likes to take part of my list and go around to get items.  Most of the time she is good, but sometimes she gets the wrong items and I don't always check before checking out.  My mistake because she is so good at it.

I hope you continue to have success with your grocery shopping.  Take care and god bless.

Annely

 A while ago I asked what all of you
 lovely people thought of a situation where a family member
 is an employee at a store and having that person be your
 shopper assistant. Thanks again for the thoughtful
 and it went really very well.

 I got my shopping done in record time.  He knows what
 sizes/brands/flavors I typically buy and could start with
 that product and quickly verify that it was what I
 wanted.   He hands the stuff to me and I can
 put it in the cart, so I am sure that I’m getting what I
 think I’m getting.  No more coming home to a mystery
 box, only to discover that something I have purchased for a
 long time changed their packaging.

 I felt more comfortable asking about new products and then
 not buying them.   I have this thing where I
 feel like I should buy something if I asked a bunch of
 questions or spent a long time looking at it.  My own
 issue, totally, but it was refreshing to feel like I could
 browse a bit without that nagging feeling like I needed to
 buy.

 And something I hadn’t considered, but I didn’t have to
 repack my groceries.  I think this might be the first
 time in my entire life where I’ve gone to a grocery store,
 where they do the sacking, given them my back pack and small
 pull behind cart with some basic instructions and  had
 my groceries packed in a way that is actually
 practical.  I usually end up shuffling everything
 around once I get out of the store before starting
 home.  I didn’t end up with a bunch of plastic bags
 that I immediately threw away after asking that they not put
 my things into bags.   I didn’t end up with
 the bread surrounded by canned goods or all the heavy stuff
 at the top of the bag.   It’s such a small
 thing, but it was so nice to be able to walk out of the
 store and just go.

 Julie
 Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own
 Guide Dog is now available! Get the book here:
 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC