[Blindtlk] air friers

Ray Foret Jr rforet7706 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 04:09:46 UTC 2015

Well Danniell, I found out a couple of things.

First, the Philips HD9220 which sells for $199.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond, uses dials to set both temperature and time.  The digital controls on the PHilips HD9230 are easy for a blind person to set because of the fact that when the unit turns off, or you turn it off, both time and temperature reset to the lowest point on the scale.  ON the pHilips, the lowest temperature is 180F and the maximum is 390F.  When the frier resets after turning off, the temperature goes back down to 180F and the timer goes back to zero minutes.  Press the timer button then use the up arrow key to raise by one minute per press of the key.  IF you go to far, just turn the unit off and start again.  Now, as for the temperature, every time you press the up or down arrow key, you move the  temperature by ten degrees.  These facts I found out from a philips representitive who was suprisingly helpful in providing much of this data.

HTH.

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,

Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!

Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in!!!