[Blindtlk] Walking on city streets with no sidewalks

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 28 01:03:02 UTC 2015

Hi, there,

In my town, some of the streets have no sidewalks or intermitent sidewalks
bordering them.  One street near my building is relatively quiet, but not
always, and it also empties out into a much busier street.  I used to have
people tell me if I was walking in the street and I was somewhat
embarrassed, but I just thanked them because they were correct and I didn't
always realize it.  So now, on that street, I have come to see that there
are usually barriers, such as a grass line, a barrier between the street and
a parking area, or, in some cases just another driveway, which you have to
really be careful about because sometimes it's hard to tell whether that is
street or driveway.  So, I carefully use a touch and drag cane technique in
that situation.  I usually can discover a crack between the street and that
driveway.  I have a tendency to move to the left at times, maybe it's
because I'm truly a leftist, LOL.  But knowing that about myself helps me to
orient myself in that kind of situation.  I have been living here about 4
months now, and I notice I have been getting better at this kind of
orientation.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.