[Blindtlk] Keeping House Independently

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 02:49:19 UTC 2016

Evening, Mike, Funny story. Also, not to be too
nosy, but I think I've heard your name around the
RB community. Sow were you, in fact blessed in that manner?
Car

  We didn't see him for an hour! I was left in
helpless mirth lying on the floor for a good five
minutes! Mike -----Original Message----- From:
blindtlk [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Ericka via blindtlk Sent: Wednesday,
March 16, 2016 10:10 AM To: Blind Talk Mailing
List Cc: Ericka Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] Keeping
House Independently Not I meant judgmental. A
while back I said you have to experiment and do
what's best for you. It would scare the crap out
of my cat. He's funny that way. Sometimes the
ding of a microwave will send him flying. If you
like a rumba, great. I'm just skeptical. I don't
get along with technology too well. Ericka Short
"What is right is not always popular; what is
popular is not always right." from my iPhone > On
Mar 16, 2016, at 12:02 PM, Diane Vlasoff via
blindtlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote: > > By the
way I think you're coming we did judgmental. I
don't understand why you need to be that way. > >
I often use voice dictation. If I have there's
likely to be mistakes. I apologize up front. > >
On Mar 16, 2016, at 9:37 AM, Ericka via blindtlk
<blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote: > > LOL I wouldn't
want one because this thing can't tell the
difference between a piece of paper sack or
anything else. It's just bumps into things. I can
bump into things and eat socks with my vacuum
cleaner plus good exercise. Why be that lazy? > >
Ericka Short > "What is right is not always
popular; what is popular is not always
right." > > from my iPhone > >> On Mar 15, 2016,
at 3:28 PM, Sherry Gomes via blindtlk
<blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote: >> >> You can all
laugh at this, but I'm absolutely terrified of a
rumba and would never want one. It comes from
reading too much Stephen King, because I keep
imagining it turning itself on in the night and
chasing me around my condo! Or just sitting by my
bed staring at me. Yep, too much Stephen
King. >> >> Sherry >> >> >> >> -----Original
Message----- >> From: blindtlk
[mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Judy >> Jones via blindtlk >> Sent: Tuesday,
March 15, 2016 1:13 PM >> To: Blind Talk Mailing
List <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> >> Cc: Judy Jones
<Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov> >> Subject: Re:
[Blindtlk] Keeping House Independently >> >> Very
cool.  My daughter has one of those.  How well do
they work?  How long do you leave one on to prowl
the room?  Does it go from room to room, or how
does it work? >> >> Thanks. >> >> -----Original
Message----- >> From: blindtlk
[mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of >> Diane Vlasoff via blindtlk >> Sent:
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:10 PM >> To: Blind Talk
Mailing List >> Cc: Diane Vlasoff >> Subject: Re:
[Blindtlk] Keeping House Independently >> >> Hi
Christine, >> >> It's all what you feel
comfortable with. You've gotten a lot of really
good advice from a lot of the other people. From
my perspective I bought a Rumba because I had to
two dogs,  a  guide dog and a retired dog and two
cats in the house and I wanted to vacuum my house
a minimum of once a day preferably twice and I
didn't want to take the time to do that. So the
Rumba was an absolutely fabulous solution for me.
Find out what you're comfortable with and go for
it. >> >> Diane Sent using dictation.  sometimes
it works and sometimes the mistakes can be
funny.  please forgive anything in
between.  >> >> On Mar 15, 2016, at 9:49 AM,
Christine Olivares via blindtlk
<blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote: >> >> Hello
everyone, >> I just wanted to get your opinion
about keeping house independently. I used to have
someone come in once a month just to help with
things I may have missed, but I am debating
whether to do this still or not. I did get some
rehab training with cleaning, but I am not the
best at it. My main hangup is using a broom, as I
just can’t figure out how it is done. I just
invested in a Swiffer so I hope that helps. >> >>
I was wondering if you keep house independently,
or if you have someone sighted come in once in a
while to make sure things are kept nicely and are
not dirty. Thanks so much for your
thoughts. >> >> Christine >>
get your account info for blindtlk: >
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/dotwriter1%40gma
 > il.com
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get
your account info for blindtlk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/k7uij%40panix.com