[Blindtlk] vacuum cleaner

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Aug 5 23:24:39 UTC 2016

I've had a lot of vacuums over the years and I can't think of a single one
that was inaccessible.  If you are concerned about it, go to the store and
check them out in person before buying.

I just bought a Dyson pet vacuum a few months ago and I love it!  It works
really well on the pet hair and also my hair, which is very long and
probably harder on the vacuums than the dog hair.  It came with attachments
and the hose portion is built into the vacuum.  It's bagless, which I love.
I haven't taken the brushes out or tried to change the belt yet, so can't
comment on that.

Using a vacuum can be a bit of a learning curve, but the machine itself is
not a problem.  Just be sure to walk over the floor before beginning,
picking up shoes, the strings from mini blinds, headphones...ask me how I
know about those things in particular! *smile*  Then go over the floor in a
pattern so you get all of it and can remember where you've gone and where
you haven't.  If there are any significant changes in the vacuum cleaner
sounds, shut it off and check the brushes to see if something is caught.

HTH and happy cleaning!
Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC