[Blindtlk] self employment support and accountability group

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Aug 13 14:28:34 UTC 2016

Hello all!

I am wanting to start a group for ambitious people who are self employed and working from home.   We would meet by phone or Skype or similar perhaps every other week for about 90 minutes.  The scheduling is flexible, but I would like this to be during the day, as a part of the regular work week.

I have been self employed for some time now.  I’ve had some success, but am expanding a lot this year.  One thing about working from home that I didn’t realize I’d miss, is the ability to walk to the next office or to the boss’s office to ask questions, bounce around ideas, to share a new brilliant idea or to commiserate about frustrations and failures.  Self employment is all you all the time.

However, my husband is a farmer and I noticed that he has a network of other farmers that he calls to compare rainfall amounts, see how crops are performing or to ask if they understand the latest farm bill. I decided I needed people like this.  I want a group of similarly ambitious, self employed people who I can connect with to help support me in my business and also that I can support.

There would be no cost, except your phone/internet, and no sales.   This is simply a group of people who are self employed and could benefit from others to encourage, share ideas and keep each other accountable.

I would ask that anyone who joins is serious about this.  There needs to be commitment or it won’t work.  Please don’t sign up if you can’t make the meetings, if you are only sort of thinking how great working from home would be or if you have not taken any action toward self employment.  You also need to be a motivated self starter.  This group is not meant to hold your hand and walk you through the process of owning your own business.  Think of it more like a group of community professionals sharing ideas or resources.  I am not hiring anyone, paying anyone, selling anything or wanting anyone else to do these things.

If you are interested please send the following to me at: julielj at neb.rr.com
*name
*time zone, if outside the U.S, please let me know how far ahead/behind you are from EST
* web site or business Facebook page, if you have one
*a brief explanation of your business and how long you’ve had it
*one business goal to be accomplished in the next 6 months
*what you hope to get and contribute to the group

If you have questions, please feel free to email me.  I am looking for perhaps 3 to 5 people.  If there are more interested, I will pick those that I think best fit with the group goals.

Keep being awesome!
Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC