[Blindtlk] Grabbing print on the fly.

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Thu Aug 25 20:00:28 UTC 2016

The KNFB reader would read the book, but using it to scan it would be a tedious thing. Suggest that they scan the book into a PDF using a standard copier which allows the storing of materials which can be sent as an image. Send the file to the student. Send it through the OCR in the KNFB reader. It will cost them a book, since it's easier to scan it if it is unbound. It will save the student a lot of fatigue, and cost the district one book, and an hour on a copier.
Has anyone asked the publisher for the file?