[Blindtlk] Introducing Myself Plus Notetaker Question

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:00:30 UTC 2016

Hi All,
I am new to this list but not new to NFBNET.  Many of you
probably already know me.  My name is Vejas Vasiliauskas.  I am a
freshman at Loyola Marymount University and also graduated LCB in
June of 2016.  I am fairly active on NABS and Stylist.  I have
joined so that I can both gain some additional perspective on
certain matters, as well as give advice to others.
I would like to ask input on your experience with the newest
notetakers.  For these of you on NABS, I know there has already
been some discussion, but I am just looking for all possible
perspectives.  I currently have a Braillenote Apex.  I definitely
like it, and would say that it probably has about another few
months or so.
I am debating between two notetakers because of their many
capabilities and their new software.  The first is the
Braillenote Touch.  I have heard many stories from users, both
positive and negative.  The second is the Neo-Braille, produced
by Neo-Access but distributed by Airie AT.  The Neo-Braille was
shown at convention, although I have heard barely any talk about
it, either positive or negative, anywhere in the blind community
that I know of.  I like the capabilities and that it still uses a
Braille keyboard, but the fact that it has generally not been
widely discussed makes me wonder about this device.  Any
experiences with either of these 2 devices, both positive and
negative, are very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Vejas