[Blindtlk] Introducing Myself Plus Notetaker Question

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:47:09 UTC 2016

Hello, Vejas,

Welcome to the list. I use the HIMS U2 Mini, and love it because of its small size, yet it is very robust. This morning on my mini-vacation from work, I have been on Facebook, and am now listening to a Daisy book while checking e-mail.

I have not heard of the NeoBraille, but the best thing to do is to contact the company and see if there is a users list out there.
I also use my Mini at work in a myrida of ways. Many times when the work load slows down, I can pull up my Youtube favorites on it, while, for instance, checking a calendar or task list.

The device also houses a web radio database that is wonderful. The device has a 32 GB flash drive and can hold up to a 128 Gb SD card. It also hooks up seamlessly as a braille display to my various Android phones. Currently I am using the Wine Smart flip, a phone that is fully functional with all the latest phone apps, yet has the physical phone buttons along with a touch screen. I also use the LG V20 that has a better camera, but bigger. I like the smaller sizes that drop into a pocket or purse. I also use the FB, Youtube, Kindle, e-mail and several other apps on my phones.

Best of wishes in your quest for the next note taker. A cheaper way to go for many people is a braille display you can couple withaPC. Also check into the Orbit device, I am impressed with it.

Judy and the U2 Mini

Judy
sent from the U2 Mini