[Blindtlk] An Update On My Independence

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 26 02:53:53 UTC 2016

Roanna,

Along with Cindy's question, what techniques and skills have you now learned
that are helping you gain this most important independence?  For example,
are you using the talking money identifier to be sure you have the correct
bills ?    Are you using any kind of talking GPS system for the blind in
addition to your cane?  Let us know what you are doing and what you still
have problems with so maybe can better help you with suggestions and
support.  There is nothing better than the many years of experience out here
on these lists.  As you graduate from college, your education as well as
your independence will be very important to you as you begin to seek
employment and plan for the rest of your adult life.  I am only sorry your
independence didn't come for you at a much younger age but, better late than
never.  Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Sandra