[Blindtlk] non 24

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 5 00:13:14 UTC 2016

I don't think that's really the message, at least from the television
commercials I have heard.  Obviously, blind people know intellectually when
to go to work and when to go to sleep.  I think we need to be careful about
assuming that we are seen as idiots or lazy or anything like that when we
hear those kinds of commercials.  I think what they are talking about here
is some sort of medical evidence that light such as sunlight does something
to chemicals in the body that helps people to stay awake during the day and
that because a totally blind person does not have access to this light
through the eyes, certain chemical things in the body might not be regulated
in a way that allows us to have a normal circadian rhythm.  In other words,
the circadian rhythm can be thrown off because of our not receiving light
through the eyes.  Anyone with a medical background in this area can please
feel free to correct me and perhaps make it more understandable than I just
did.  It sounds to me like something similar to people who experience
seasonal affective disorder during the darker winter months.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.