[Blindtlk] non 24

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 04:31:48 UTC 2016

Corporate sponsoring itself doesn't bother me, but if it's a company
that has had problems with accessibility or one with questionable
motives or attitudes about blindness, I would be more concerned. Not
saying that Vanda has questionable motives, but certainly some of
their marketing doesn't put blind people in the best light. I would
just never want NFB to be facing a conflict of interest between
getting needed funding and advocating for what's best for blind
people. I am sure thatNFB national leadership considers these issues
carefully before allowing a sponsor.
Arielle