[Blindtlk] To Visualize or not to Visualize: That is the question:)!

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 14 00:08:46 UTC 2016

Hello Chris:

What an interesting question.  For me, the answer is defiantly yes.  I was
born legally blind and lost all vision when I was sixteen years old.  Almost
immediately after my failed detached retina surgery I began visualizing
everything as if I could still see it. In my mind, I see everything around
me.  As I travel with my guide dog, I feel as if I can see my surroundings
as we pass by.  When I enter a room or building, I form a mental image as if
I were looking at it.  My mom says I move around the house and do daily
activities as if I can still see.  This ability helped me tremendously when
acting and performing in musicals and operas.  Thanks so much for opening up
this discussion.

Sandra