[Blindtlk] {Spam?} Re: hit by a car

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sat Jan 16 02:03:47 UTC 2016

Good evening, everyone,

About 10 years ago, I, too, was struck by a light pick-up truck while
crossing a boulevard in Littleton, Colorado. I feel like I have
recounted this ad nauseam, yet if you remain uninitiated, I was
rendered soundly comatose for a total of 3 months, received traumatic
brain damage, they told my parents that, although the docs weren't
sure, they threw around terms such as vegitive state and semi
vegetative state. Scared the bejesus out of my folks.. Couldn't talk,
couldn't walk, couldn't read braille, although knowledge of the code
remained, but a crippling tactile appraxia made it impossible for
hand to communicate with brain to accurately discern de tales of the
tiny braille formations.. So I am no longer a braille reader though
can use a braille writer.