[Blindtlk] non 24

Bob Hachey bhachey at verizon.net
Wed Jan 20 20:24:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Let's step back and take a good hard look at the whole picture here. Does
Vanda exaggerate in its adds. Absolutely! So do most other companies in
their efforts to sell a product or service. That is the nature of marketing.
I'd be happier if Vanda showed some of the people who've benefited from its
product in a work situation.
But for an employer or anyone else to jump to the conclusion that all blind
people have trouble staying awake reminds me of how some bigoted individuals
believe similar fallacies about minority groups. How many of you have heard
the fallacy that all Hispanics look alike? Any rational person knows that's
pure balderdash. A big part of the problem here is that employers have way
too much power over those of us who seek employment. The fact that employers
are allowed to jump to false conclusions and then use that as an excuse not
to hire us is both an injustice and a crying shame.
Bob Hachey