[Blindtlk] An issue with signing someone up with an Apple account

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 06:17:53 UTC 2016

Hi Bonnie,

Do you happen to know if you're using POP3 or IMAP for your email?

Imagine you have two houses. With POP3, email works like physical mail being delivered. If you go to your second house, the mail that the mailman delivered to your first one won't be there unless you thought to take it with you.

IMAP is like magic mail that gets delivered to all your houses or in this case, devices. You also have access to messages you sent across all your devices, regardless of tbe device from which you sent it.

So if you want mail on both phones, use IMAP. The vast majority of providers support both.

On the Apple account, did your friend get a confirmation email with a link to activate the account? They may need to click the link first if so.

Cheers,

Ed