[Blindtlk] Keeping House Independently

Ray Foret jr rforet7706 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 17:27:10 UTC 2016

I keep my own place.  I have no sighted person come in to tell me if I’ve missed anything.  If you do decide to hire somebody to do your house, just make sure blindness Is, NOT, the reason.  IF it is, you’re selling yourself short in the eronious belief that a blind person cannot properly keep house.  Meantime, for a practicle tip for using a broom, here’s one.  Do it barefoot if possible.  Same with the mop.  Honestly, the brand of mop you get won’t make you a better or worse house keeper because you are blind.  Your skill level or lack there-of will do that.  The real issue here, as I see it, comes down to just one thing.  It is not a quefstion of whether you hire someone or not:  rather, the question is the reason why.  IF you are just to busy in your daily life that you cannot attend to it, then that is a good enough reason maybe for you to hire somebody:  however, bear in mind this:  if the reason is because of your blindness, (call it lack of skill if you want to but  blindness is what it comes down to) that should NEVER be the reason you hire somebody.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!