[Blindtlk] Keeping House Independently

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Wed Mar 16 18:02:04 UTC 2016

Yep, that was one of my regular chores, along with dusting.  My sister had married and moved away, and Dad did the vacuuming unless the Air Force sent him on a tour, then it fell to me, along with yard work.  He had also taught me how to change a tire, but I never had to do that.  Mom had a bad back, so between the two of us we took on the heavier chores.  I also remember waxing the floor, then running an electric buffer they had.  I also started doing over half the cooking my sophomore year in high school.  Mom and I had this deal going that whoever cooked didn't have to clean up, so we took turns.