[Blindtlk] how about painting?

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 04:00:30 UTC 2016

Thanks for that info!

From: Ericka via blindtlk
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:52 PM
To: Blind Talk Mailing List
Cc: Ericka
Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] how about painting?

Depends on the color your painting over. From what I understand you put
primer over it, let it dry then put the new paint on so you can't see the
underlying color. It's kind of an off weird white.  If you have white or
beige walls and then want to put on say yellow or peach you don't have to do
the primer but if it's a darker color that I want to go later one or
something totally different primer is important.  I painted the bathroom
once and decided that the waterproof paint was a good idea. I didn't want
mold getting underneath the paint because I have dust allergies and that
wouldn't help to have mold. We put primer on, let it dry, then the paint
that was water resistant. It worked out really well especially since our
fans in the bathroom didn't work very well. When we painted the kitchen I
did the same thing and so many times water splashed up over the backsplash
when doing dishes that it turned out to be a good idea. I can't remember the
brand. I think we bought it at True value hardware

Ericka Short
"What is right is not always popular; what is popular is not always right."

from my iPhone