[Blindtlk] Sorry, OT: PenFriend original for Sale

A Kelly gadgetgirlkelly at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:58:17 UTC 2016

Hello Listers.  Sorry for the cross posting.

I have an original PenFriend for sale.  It has never been used and remains in "brand new" condition.  I am asking $99 or best offer.  If interested, please contact me off list.  What you will get:
1 PenFriend labeling pen.
1 Unopened pack of 127 mixed-size labels (small round, large round, large square).
1 Neck lanyard.
2 Tripple-A batteries (already installed in the pen).
1 Plastic box (to store additional label packs and to keep all your PenFriend items together).
1 Printed instructions.

What is PenFriend?  The PenFriend is an audio labeling system for individuals who are blind or have low vision.  The system consists of a digital pen and labels which contain barcodes that the pen can read. The pen has internal memory built into it along with a microphone and speaker system.  This allows an individual to place a label, scan it with the pen, and tthen make an audio recording of what that particular label represents.  This PenFriend comes with 1 Gigabyte of memory which equates to 70 hours of recording time.  A Mini-USB to USB cord can be  purchased separately if you would like to back up your pen to a computer, but a computer is not required.  The PenFriend is a stand-alone unit.  The recordings can be as long or as short as is necessary to describe  the object.  The updated PenFriend 2 sells between $150 and $199, depending upon where you purchase it.  For anyone who has been contemplating getting a PenFriend but the price was too steep, here's your chance to get an original PenFriend at a reasonable price.  The PenFriend has been sitting in a closet on a shelf in a smoke-free environment.  Item is for sale because I use another device to accomplish the above-referenced tasks.  If you are interested, please feel free to contact me off list.  Thank you.

Regards,
GadgetGirlKelly at gmail.com