[Blindtlk] Accessible Software for Accessible Websites

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat May 7 00:17:36 UTC 2016

Wordpress is accessible both in creating and using a website.  However, it
depends on what exactly you want to have on your site.  Wordpress is largely
customized by using plug ins.  Some of these are accessible, some are not.
Most of these are created by third party providers and are compatible with
Wordpress, but not made by Wordpress. If you want a simple site that is
primarily information based, it should work just fine because you can do
that entirely with only using Wordpress itself.  If you want forums, a
shopping cart, live chat or a million other add ons your mileage is going to
vary.

I wish there was some easy solution.  I've been looking for years.  SBI used
to be, then they changed everything to drag and drop. *sigh*  If you find
something, I'd love to know about it.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC