[Blindtlk] Skydiving?

BrianMiller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:23:42 UTC 2016

Hi Jim,

Are you doing a tandem dive, or a solo dive? If the former, then it's no big
deal... Exciting, for sure, but pretty simple, really.

I did it for my birthday a few years ago and loved it! I did a tandem dive,
so your jump partner is the one with the expertise. I had no problems with
the company when I showed up as a blind jumper... They were totally cool
with it. With a tandem jump you are basically like a bag of laundry being
tossed out of a plane. If you ask, your partner will let you steer the chute
-- it's a blast to do donuts in the air. There's simply nothing like that
rush when you first exit the plane... O man, it's freaky, scary, and a hell
of a lot of fun.

If you are doing a solo dive, I'd be keen to hear how you managed it... I am
certain it can be done, but you'd have to have some way to communicate with
another jumper to help guide you to the ground, and to let you know when you
are about to land so you can prepare yourself.

Good luck!

Brian Miller
Alexandria, VA