[Blindtlk] A source for adhesive laminating sheets?

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 04:36:39 UTC 2016

Hello Judy,
You can buy the product called Embossables. It is available from American
Thermoform and you can order online or by phone.
Telephone: (800) 331-3676
Extension: 101
They have various bundles available. Those who use a lot can buy sheets by
the box. American Printing House also sells sheets and they also sell sheets
of braillable label. From what they tell me, their source for what they sell
is American Thermoform. I believe APH is more expensive than American
Thermoform. You can buy the sheets as fan-fold, tractor-feed for use with an
embosser, or you can buy, more expensive, separate sheets. I personally buy
the fan-fold and tear it apart before I use it in my braille writer.

However, there is a mystery which I've not been able to sort out. It appears
that the adhesive sheets from APH are more transparent than those I've
bought from American Thermoform. While everyone in my circle of friends to
whom I have shown samples agrees that this is the case, the APH staff say
they cannot explain why this should be since their supplier is American
Thermoform.

Hope you find what you want.
Best,
Heather