[Blindtlk] Raising a Cane

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 17:32:47 UTC 2016

Arielle and all,

Some sighted pedestrians look toward the vehicles idling next to the crossing. Many others just step off the curb. I tried looking toward the vehicles until I learned that this gave them the false impression that I was making eye contact. As soon as I hear the traffic patten information  I need I stride purposefully into the street and do not hesitate during my crossing. I always keep my cane tip on the ground so that I never lose contact with the contour of the pavement.

Marci