[Blindtlk] Where were you on September 11th 2001?

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 05:04:03 UTC 2016

Roanna:

Thank you very much for reminding us of this tragic anniversary and allowing
us the space to reflect on our own experiences of that day. I was, of all
places, at a hospital that morning, where I was getting my tonsils and
adenoids removed while being fitted for the prosthetic eye which I now wear.
There was, of course, a TV in the operating room, which was tuned
perpetually to CNN. At one point in the procedure, my parents remember the
doctor walking into the waiting room with a face as pale as a ghost's. Of
course they were afraid that something had gone wrong in the procedure, but
what had in fact happened was the doctor had just heard the news of the
attacks, and realized to his horror that his brother worked inside Tower
One. As the story goes, my doctor's brother was one of the lucky ones, as he
had overslept that morning and missed his train. What a miracle in such a
tragic situation! May we never forget those who died and those heroes who
risked their lives for others.

Chris