[Blindtlk] facebok messenger

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 26 17:45:18 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have another related question.  I saw a setting yesterday that
I really think shouldn't be there.  You  know how, in the
Settings app, they give you different options to allow different
apps to access Facebook, well, yesterday, I was going through
those settings, and came across something that says "Facebook,
Apps, allow access to Facebook," which is an on/off setting.  I
really don't see the point of that setting, because you're
already using the Facebook app, and therefore, doesn't the app
have access to itself by default, and the only way you wouldn't
is if you uninstall it off your phone? Also, I gather that if you
turn off that setting, Facebook wouldn't be able to send you any
information, thus rendering the app completely useless until you
either turn it back on or delete it.  So, now I ask you, what's
the point of that setting being there?

I hope you're all enjoying your weekends.

Thanks,

Sami