[Blindtlk] Driverless Cars

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Jan 2 07:15:08 UTC 2017

You don't drive in a driverless car.  The only things that get in them
are passengers and luggage of various types.
As I understand the technology it's going to be under-designed and that
under-design will cost lives.  Not so much of passengers but rather
pedestrians. These cars would need to get flight capabilities so that if
negotiation of a section of road were temporarily impossible they could
lift off for distance sufficient to bypass the obstacles and continue on
their way.  Hovercraft technology could do this if it were part of
standard design but that'll not be the case for the first vehicles put
on the roads.  A school bus and large truck having an accident in an
intersection just ahead of a driverless car that happens too soon for
the driverless car to take an alternate route to bypass such an accident
with children and whatever the truck looses all over the intersection
would be one of the scenarios where flight capability would be more than
a nice to have feature on a driverless car.