[Blindtlk] Driverless Cars

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 2 20:03:05 UTC 2017

Hi Jude and Gary,

Thank you for your thought-provoking posts. Someone on another list was
discussing the need for the universal design of appliances, so let's why
can't the universal design approach be used for driverless cars with the
technology already out there? For instance, JAWS and other screen readers
have been out for over a decade now, so why couldn't screen reader
technology be input into driverless cars to guide the potential blind
driver?