[Blindtlk] Wanting to See

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:49:48 UTC 2017

Hi Jen,
I haven't yet read the replies, and will shortly. My answer might be unpopular but like you, although I don't dwell on it too much... yes, I do wish that sometimes.
I have slightly different reasons though. Firstly, I have always struggled with spatial awareness although I am aware that this  is not something all blind people must face and there are sighted people that do so too, so it would have been a little nice to see where I'm walking or what I'm doing.
And secondly,  the opinions of others: I attended LCB last year and made many friends. Of the 2 I  was closest to, 1 of whom being totally blind and another having a significant amount of sight, I have felt that these 2 are the most honest and would say things that a sighter person may not. There is a general worry among sighted people that they are offending us if they even hint at something negative.
Vejas