[Blindtlk] An Update on My Independence

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:22:41 UTC 2017

Every state is different. Some states offer training programs that are structured discovery. Others do not and Wisconsin is one of them. I know many people who have gone to these centers and I am trying to go myself. My boyfriend is leaving February for Minnesota. I am hoping by January 13 I will know when I will be going myself . There are three NFB structured discovery adjustment to blindness training centers in the nation if your state does not offer this type of adjustment to blindness training. One is in Minneapolis Minnesota, one is in Colorado and the original is in Louisiana. Don't let vocational rehabilitation intimidate you if you do your research and want to go to one of these three centers. Legally they have to no matter what their state rules are because of the Federal rehabilitation act. Keep asking questions here and do some research on your own. You can learn about structured discovery through the NFB website or Louisiana Tech.

Ericka Short
1750 Fordem Ave. #508
Madison. WI. 53704
608-665-3170