[Blindtlk] Social Interaction Question

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 13 02:27:02 UTC 2017

It seems like you're more confident than your friend is. Have you talked to
him more about the Facebook thing?

Here are situations in which I've felt awkward with sighted people.

1. when a sighted person shouts at me (I guess there's a stereotype if
you're blind, you're also deaf)

2. when a sighted person leaves the room without telling me, and I end up
talking to thin air, it's so embarrasing!

3. when someone tells me something is "over there..."