[Blindtlk] Braille Instructor Information...

James Kelm jameskelm at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 30 20:12:03 UTC 2017

Dear friends,

    I have a question that I hope that you can help direct me with.  There is a non profit agency here in my home town that focuses on training, and living skills for the blind.  I have periodically done work with this agency, and they would be a great place to work perminately with!  They currently do not have any openings, but I do know that one of their long-time employees is getting older, and I can anticipate his retirement in the next few years.  I am casually considering what I would need to do to be a candidate for his position, once they are looking for a replacement.

    His primary title is Braille Instructor.  He also does general life skills evaluation on clients, but primarily he is the Braille Instructor.  Do any of you have general information concerning what qualifications I would need to qualify for such a position, and how would I investigate how to go about obtaining these qualifications?  I of course already read Braille, and will be obtaining my Masters Degree in Theology in the next few months.  I live in Minnesota, if that makes any difference.

    Thank you so much for your help.  I basically am evaluating whether or not gaining the qualifications for this position would be a good move for me, or if there would be too much further education that would be needed.  Attaining my Masters has kind of been enough in-depth college for a while.  LOLL

Respectfully,
James