[Blindtlk] Blind Flyer Rights

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 4 02:07:35 UTC 2017

It can be confusing because airline personnel have been known to tell
passengers contradictory things and often cannot back up what they say when
challenged.  That happened to me once when carrying a rigid fiberglass cane.
Three days after that flight I called NFB governmental staff and found that
indeed, one must be able to place the cane flat on the floor against the
wall of that row or in a bulkhead seat have it standing up straight against
the bulkhead.  I now avoid these problems by traveling with an NFB
telescoping cane and placing it in the seat pocket in front of me.  My
understanding has always been that when going through security, the cane
goes ahead of you and then you walk in a straight line hopefully noe
touching the sides of the metal detector.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.