[Blindtlk] Readers and Public Libraries, Offtopic for Some

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 18:03:24 UTC 2017

Good question. I would find out who your independent living center closest to your community is and see if they can help you. It's my understanding that my former community's. independent living Center branch somehow facilitated this happening.

I don't recall if they had printing abilities as I only used their computer once. It was set aside from the computer lab for people with vision. I found it very frustrating because I wasn't very proficient and nobody on staff knew anything about it. The service was not advertised at the library either so most people did not use the computer. You had to call a week ahead of time to make sure IT got over there to make it usable. They shut the  accessibility features off so another sighted person could use the computer because it was rarely used.

Ericka Short
1750 Fordem Ave. #508
Madison. WI. 53704
608-665-3170