[Blindtlk] Fwd: restaurant of the future excludes the blind

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 26 00:51:16 UTC 2017

I wonder if any efforts were made by the organizations involved in this
class action suit to actually deal with management/owners on an
administrative level first.  I hope this is successful, certainly but you
would be surprised at how ignorant businesses often are about these kinds of
laws.  Just as an aside, I don't think I would ever eat at such a restaurant
even if it were completely accessible.  It just sounds way too impersonal
and it sounds like they are trying to do things on the cheap because they
are too stingy to hire wait staff and cashiers.  And let's face it, a
vibrant city like New York has plenty of choices for restaurants, from
McDonalds to diners, to expensive steak houses, to ethnic restaurants.  If
they are going to discriminate like this, and refuse to change their ways,
word gets around and there's enough competition in New York City that
hopefully this place will be driven out of business.  Sorry to sound so
harsh, but I feel very strongly about that.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.