[Blindtlk] Passport picture rejected for closed eyes?

Rene Harrell rjharrell at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:17:19 UTC 2017

We are applying for passports for all the kids, and my blind daughter's was
just rejected because of "closed eyes/inability to tell natural eye color."
They say they want Anne's photo.

She only has one eye. The one eye she does have is open and looking
directly at the camera.

I called the number on the letter but they said it is the Department of
state thay determines requirements and all she can do is forward the
problem to them.

I figure that surely other blind individuals have gotten passports before
and can hopefully tell me what the Department of State required in order to
accept a picture without visible eye(s).

Thanks for any help

Rene

--
"If I should fail,