[Blindtlk] Having Sleepovers with Sighted Friends

roanna bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 14:31:51 UTC 2017

Dear Members,

I hope all of you are doing well.  The subject of this email
stems from an incident that happened when I was in sixth grade.
A sighted friend from my chorus class invited me to a sleepover
that she was having on a weekend.  When I went home after school,
I asked my mom if she would allow me to go to a sleepover that
weekend, and she said no.  I sat on our rocking chair and cried
for a while.  I was sad that I couldn't go to this sleepover at
my friend's house.  However, I understand that my parents didn't
know my friend or her family.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on
this topic.