[Blindtlk] Having Sleepovers with Sighted Friends

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 22:49:57 UTC 2017

Well,  having been a parent, I would not let my girls stay at anyone's
houses unless I knew or had made contact with the parents and knew something
about the environment.

But, instead of saying no right off the bat, I would tell the girls, I nened
to meet and talk with the parents first.  That always gave great incentive
to make that happen so they could go.  I am not remembering any time when I
would not let the girls stay at a friend's house, as they were always good
about helping parents hook up, and the parents were always concerned and
understanding.

Also, if any friends were going to stay at our house, even if I had just met
them, I insisted on contacting parents first to make sure both parties were
giving permission.  It always seemed to work out, and we had lots of their
friends over.

I do remember one time when the friend of my youngest had never slept away
from home before, and she needed to have her mom come get her.  She was
around eight at the time, and there were a couple of other girls, plus her
older sister who was a classmate of our older daughter.