[Blindtlk] Your thoughts on the BrailleNote Touch

steve.jacobson at visi.com steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Oct 14 23:28:48 UTC 2017

Devin,

Do you use an L-Braille?  If so, I would be interested in your experiences.
I have some reservations about the L-Braille from things I have read, but I
do not know if they are justified.

I think one of the challenges with these newer devices is to what degree one
wants a note-taker and to what degree one wants a computer with an
integrated braille display.  I have been somewhat frustrated with the degree
to which Android imposes itself on the use of the BrailleNote Touch, for
example.  With the L-Braille, I'm not sure why I wouldn't buy a more
powerful laptop and a braille display.  I don't know that having them in a
single unit is worth it.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson