[Blindtlk] Questions about formatting and about picture conversion with KNFB reader

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 20:30:48 UTC 2017

Jim:

Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast when it comes to OCR
software. The formatting will change slightly or significantly, depending on
how complex a document is. If you are editing the document and need to keep
it formatted in a certain way, I would suggest saving it as a Word file,
opening it on your computer and do the necessary re-formatting in Word.
Having a sighted person double check the formatting before finalizing it is
always a good idea as well.

As to your second question, I don't see why KNFB Reader wouldn't recognize
the text in the picture your friend took, as long as the text is visible
enough to be recognized. You could simply try importing the photo from your
camera roll into KNFB Reader, tell it to recognize, and see what it does. If
it doesn't work, the Seeing AI app from Microsoft can also do this,
sometimes with more accuracy than KNFB.

Hope this helps,

Chris