[Blindtlk] Friends

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Oct 24 23:03:06 UTC 2017

Below I will put the published purpose of the list.  As you can see
-- it is not intended as a "chat" list. The primary purpose is not to
locate friends etc.  However, I will add that when a list is
successful, a sense of community does develop, which is part of why I
tend to be lenient about the topics of discussion -- only stepping in
when things are obviously off-topic, or have gone on to long.  Here
is the purpose:

The purpose of Blind Talk is for the Discussion of
general topics of interest to blind and visually impaired
persons, our friends and relatives and anyone else who is
interested. Possible topics include, but are not limited to,
computers and adaptive access technology, Braille and Braille
literacy, cane travel, Guide Dogs, alternative techniques of
blindness, training centers, etc. Blind Talk is intended to
promote the positive philosophy of blindness developed and
promoted by the National Federation of the Blind. Blind Talk
also gives you access to the resources and information provided
by the International Braille and Technology Center for the Blind,
the world's largest demonstration and evaluation center for
computer technology used by blind persons.

Dave