[Blindtlk] Anyone know about updating information on the iPhone and Facebook?

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:51:28 UTC 2017

Good morning,

I wonder if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

I'm trying to update some of the information in my contacts list to include
their information from Facebook.  I currently don't have Facebook set to
look through all of my contacts; although, I thought that by temporarily
turning that feature on, my information would be updated.  Such was not the
case.

I have added friends from time to time, and I know they have profile
pictures, which I'd like to show up in my updated contacts information.

So, I went to iPhone settings, went to the Facebook apps setting, went to
"update all contacts", and double tapped on that.  For the longest time, it
just has been telling me "0 contacts updated."  I find it hard to believe
since I just added a couple of people as facebook friends.

It does the same thing if I allow facebook to actually access my contacts.

What's going on, and how can I fix this issue?  It used to work well for me
in the past.

Thoughts?

Jim