[Blindtlk] Further questions regarding updating contacts on iPhone using Facebook and Twitter

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:27:45 UTC 2017

Hello,

I know I wrote yesterday asking questions about updating my Contacts
with Facebook.  I still don't think anything is happening.
I went to Settings, facebook, and then go to "Update all contacts" and
double tap on that.  It tells me that whether or not I allow Facebook
to allow the apps to use my accounts, photos and user names are
automatically updated for Facebook friends.  When I double tap on
that, it says that it's in progress, but right away, it tells me that
0 contacts have been updated.  I find it hard to believe because I've
added several friends to Facebook in the last while, and I know they
have information for updating to my contacts list.
I also tried doing a similar thing with twitter, by going to settings
and then to Twitter.  From there, I go to "update contacts" and double
tap on it, and I'm told "Couldn't update contacts" and "Couldn't
connect to Twitter. Try again later."  It's been doing this for quite
some time now and I wonder why.
What do I need to do with either my Contacts, or the Facebook and
Twitter apps so that they're working with one another to update?  And,
in the past, I never needed to allow Facebook to allow the apps to use
my account.
Thoughts would be appreciated.
Jim