[Blindtlk] Homeschooling

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Sep 21 00:16:40 UTC 2017

I homeschooled my son the last two years of high school.  He graduated in
2015 though.

He is sighted and preferred print books for some subjects. We used on line
resources for some things, aps  for others and watched Netflix sometimes.
We took trips and did a lot of projects.

Each state has it's own laws about home schooling.  I'm in Nebraska, so had
to provide some up front information, then we were left alone.  I did
connect with another home schooling family locally, but didn't seek out any
other blind parents who home school.

It was a really great experience and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>