[BlindTlk] Holiday specials: Victor Reader Trek Victor Reader Stream, Talking Book Reader, Fire tablets, Stocking Stuffers & more!

Laz laz at talkingmp3players.com
Wed Dec 12 02:00:10 UTC 2018

Hi Justin,

See my answers below your questions marked with an asterisk...

On 12/11/18, Justin Williams via BlindTlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Laz, I looked at the talking mpc player, and the victor reader streem.
> First, which one could I get the espn sports cast better on? I'd be
> interested in getting sports radio such as and the football and basketball
> games in the  nba, and the sports podcasts, and also being able to listen
> first take, another sportscast when I miss it.

* Not the Talking MP3 Player as it doesn't have internet capability
but either the Talking Book Reader or the Victor Reader Stream should
pull in streams and podcast just as well. You may prefer the Ootunes
database ease of locating such podcasts and streams of the victor
Reader Stream.

> saw the the victor reader can play ITunes.  Can the talking mp3 player play
> iTunes and NLS books?

* Again not the Talking MP3 Player but The Talking Book Reader can
play MP4, M4A and other Apple file formats except for those which are
DRM protected and the same is true for the Stream's inability to play
unprotected Apple file formats. All in all the Talking Book Reader can
play a wider range of unprotected file formats. NLS books are
protected so you would have to go with the Victor Reader Stream for
those.