[BlindTlk] duncan' warning

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Dec 21 20:48:12 UTC 2018

If your dd card is on your iPhone and you use your iPhone to pay for your
order, please always remember to turn VoiceOver off before you try to pay.
The duncan' software is written in such a way that VoiceOver interferes
with the store's scanners.  I made that mistake and ended up with a
drained account and later couldn't add value to the account due to
"technical problems".  Apple Accessibility claims Duncan' violated some
cocoa accessibility specification to make this scanner interference happen
and I believe them.  After this I'm just using my debit card but I hope
for the rest of us Duncan' gets with the program and fixes that software
accessibility problem.  Before the last transaction I had $17.00 on the
account and the order was about $13.00 the store claimed all it could get
off the iPhone was $2.00.  Today though I found a $0.00 balance then tried
to add value and couldn't do that and I tried twice.