[BlindTlk] restaurant menus

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Jul 21 03:20:26 UTC 2018

As a public entity they are required to offer you some kind of
accommodation. It could be reading the menu, it could be Braille etc.
You can't force them to get braille, but it is your right to have the
contents of the menu available to you in some manner. As someone else
said, suggest, and give them resources. If they don't do something,
don't go there, and tell your friends not to go there.

Dave

At 05:33 AM 7/20/2018, you wrote:
>What do you do when restaurants don't have braille menus? What is the
>procedure to get them to have one? I don know that under the jADA, they
>don't need one if they are willing to read them for you to serve you.  But,
>some of the main ones around here don't, so I am just asking.
>  Justin

---
https://www.avg.com