[BlindTlk] Wondering about puzzles and crosswords

Danielle (Shives) Manke shives1 at myactv.net
Fri Nov 2 01:22:28 UTC 2018

A lot of websites that sell adaptive products for the blind have adapted games and puzzles. It's been a while since I've checked them out, but I know the Braille Superstore had several things, and Independent Living Aids may have had some things. I have a Sudoku puzzle board that I got from the Braille Superstore that consists of a wooden board with raised lines to separate each of the 3-by-3 sections on the board. It comes with plastic tiles that have both Braille and print numbers on them, and the tiles fit into holes in the board. You do need to find puzzles to set up on the board; I usually have a sighted person give me one from the local newspaper or a book of them that my family purchased, as we were all into doing them at one point. I also have found them online and was able to set my board up independently, but it's been a while since I did that and am not sure of the site or if it's still accessible. I'm not sure about Braille crosswords; I know the sites I mentioned had large-print ones but don't remember what all they had in Braille. I just know they had several Braille and adapted games of different kinds so might be worth checking out.