[BlindTlk] Iphone know-how

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Oct 17 01:37:18 UTC 2018

My practice is to answer numbers in my contacts and block the rest.
However I found the blocking feature kept appearing not to work.  So I
fixed that problem.  When an unwanted contact happens from an unknown
caller, instead of blocking the contact like I did earlier, I add them to
my spam contact.  I use add to existing contact, search spam and hit enter
on the first entry.  Then I hit the update button in the top right corner
of the phone and the number is added.  After that, I'll hear a spam call
happened and have no recents to delete though clearing recents doesn't
hurt.  Limit on blocked numbers may be imposed by carriers but this spam
contact gets around them.  It used to be Apple would block as many numbers
as we needed but apparently that has since changed.