[BlindTlk] Regarding Effectiveness of Cleaning Solutions and Devices

Anitra Webber anitrawebber at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 01:08:40 UTC 2019

I like to use wipes. Sometimes leave a chemical residue which you can feel. A wet paper towel or rag will take care of that.

I use a scrub brush and Comet powder cleanser in water on my tub and mat. After I finish with the brush I use a rag to wash it off. I wipe with the rag as the water drains out of the tub because sometimes some of the cleaner and soap scum stays at the bottom the tub. (I use a rough kitchen washcloth as a rag.) I wash the wall around the tub because soap gets on it when I take a shower. I hang the tub mat on the shower curtain rod so it and the tub can dry, preventing mildew. I put my rug under the mat (on the floor) so that the water won't drip on the floor. I have a cloth shower curtain that I can put in the clothes washer. It's easier than washing the soap scum off a plastic/vinyl curtain. Also I use the liquid body wash instead of bar soap because it doesn't a lot of soap scum in the tub.
SOS pads are good for cleaning the oven. But it's a good idea to use a wet rag to rinse of the soap the pads leave behind.

Sponges with a scubber on one side are really helpful to remove soap scum from the bathroom counter and sink. I do that before using a disinfecting wipe.

If you have a Dollar Tree store near you, you can get a good deal on things you need to clean your appartment. I don't recommend their brooms and mops though.
Anitra Webber